Election and Voting Information

How do I register to vote?  You may register to vote in person at the township or at any Secretary of State office.

Who is eligible to vote?   In order to vote you must be:  a citizen of the United States and a resident of Michigan (and will be at least a 30-day resident of your city or township by election day) a registered voter and 18 years of age on or before election day.

How do I file an absentee ballot?  To vote as an absentee voter, you must fill out and sign an absentee application for each election.  The application may be mailed to you.  To request an application call the township office.  Once the application is approved you will receive your ballot.  You may request to be put on the permanent AV (Absentee Voter) list.  Once on that list you will receive your application automatically in the mail before each election.  For more information on absentee ballots, call the township office.

Request to be on the Permanent Absentee Voter List.pdf

Where do I vote for a school election?  Due to recent legislation, ALL school elections are held at your local precinct polling location for general elections, NOT at the schools.

Michigan Voter Registration Application

For election results visit allegancounty.org

Want to work at the polls? Fill out the Election Inspector Application and return to the township office.

Voting at the Polls Do's and Don'ts

Voting Absentee Do's and Don'ts

Election Inspector Application

Voter Precinct Map

Precinct 1 Votes at the Township Hall
Precinct 2 Votes at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church  4125 18th Street, Dorr.
Percinct 3 Votes at Dorr Christian Reformed Church 4220 18th Street, Dorr.

Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) has additional information such as:
·How do I register to vote?
· Am I already registered?
· Find your clerk
· Absentee ballots
· Work at the Polls
· Voting machine instructions
· Election calendar
· Map to your polling location